PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought.....

EinarOnsum
05-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Either in the Custom Action Wizard or in the Custom Action view, why not give us an opportunity to enter a text that then goes into the ActionText table? It's probably just me, but when I look at my different installations I find way too many CAs that should have had a text since they can take quite some time.

Einar

RobertDickau
05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Good idea! In the meantime, you (meaning "everyone") can vote for this feature request at www.installshield.com/feedback.

Christopher Painter
05-18-2004, 04:34 PM
I'd be happy just getting ActionText to work in the first place. I have an InstallScript custom action in the execute after installfinalize. ( Some tweaking with no rollback. )

I followed the instructions of putting an entry in the actiontext table using the name of the custom action, the message and to leave the template empty. I even put a messagebox delay in the CA just to make sure.... the text is not changed and instead still says "removing backup files" from the previous action.

I was able to hackishly get around this by changing the IDS_ACTIONTEXT_75 message of the previous action, but its not pretty.

bdshan
08-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Chris,

leaving the template blank will not display your string in the SetupProgress dialog. Enter [1] in the template and the string will be displayed.

Then you can remove your hack.:)