PDA

View Full Version : Build Error

martindurant
05-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Hi,
I am getting the following error message when building my installation "Item can't be added to collection:'3c8f1c19-bf76-4698-8a85-3b249910a283:<Default>'. Item with this name already exists in the collection" I got the error after adding P2soledb.dll to the Windows folder in the Application Files section. I then deleted the file and tried again, but continue to get the error, so now I'm not sure if it's related, but can't think of anything else I changed since it last worked.

Sorry to be a pain...

Thanks

Martin Durant

David Thornley
05-06-2004, 09:03 AM
That doesn't look like one of our standard error messages. Can you post the log file that is generated fro the build. Having some context as to when the error is occurring may shed some light on this.

martindurant
05-06-2004, 09:12 AM
Here is the contents of the log file:

================= Logging started at 5/6/2004 09:20:09 AM ==================
Calculating size of cabinet files...
Copying uncompressed setup files...
Preprocessing data for data1.hdr...
Feature: <Support>
Feature: <Support>\Engine
Feature: <Support>\Engine\Log
Feature: <Support>\Engine\Kernel
Component: <Engine>Kernel Placeholder
Component: <Engine>EngineCommonPlaceHolder
Feature: <Support>\Main Installation
Feature: <Data>
Feature: Script
Component: <Support>Script
Feature: Setup
Component: <Support>Language Independent OS Independent Files
Component: <Support>English OS Independent Files
Component: <Support>Misc Support Files
Component: <Support>Build Generated Support Files
Feature: StrTbl
Component: <Support>English String Tables
Feature: RunTime
Component: <Support>Non-SelfRegistering
Feature: Resource
Component: <Support>English Files
Feature: Disk<1>
Component: <Disk1>Disk1 Files(1)
Component: <Disk1>Disk1 Files(2)
Component: <Disk1>Disk1 Files(3)
Component: <Disk1>Disk1 Files(4)
Feature: DefaultFeature
Component: DefaultComponent
Component: SelfRegFiles
Component: SelfRegFiles1
Component: SelfRegFiles2
Adding Object: DefaultFeature\Crystal Reports 8.5.
Feature: DefaultFeature\Crystal Reports 8.5.
Feature: Always Install.
Adding Object: MFC 6.2 Runtime.
Feature: 3c8f1c19-bf76-4698-8a85-3b249910a283.
Feature: MFC 6.2 Runtime.
Feature: MFC Runtime.
Feature: MFC Ansi.
Feature: MFC Language Support.
Feature: German.
Feature: Japanese.
Feature: French (Standard).
Feature: Italian.
Feature: Spanish.
Feature: Chinese (PRC).
Feature: Chinese (Taiwan).
Feature: Korean.
Feature: MFC Unicode.
Feature: ExportFormats.
Feature: U2fsepv.dll.
Feature: ExportDestinations.
Feature: Additional Components.
Feature: User Function Libraries.
Feature: Data Access.
Feature: ODBC.
Feature: ODBC - Access 7.0.
Feature: Report Engine Access.
Feature: Report Designer Component.
Feature: 85fadfbb-40c0-4fff-b415-3dc32ac6ca65.
Adding Object: DefaultFeature\Crystal Reports 8.5.
Feature: DefaultFeature\Crystal Reports 8.5.
Feature: Always Install.
Adding Object: MFC 6.2 Runtime.
Feature: 3c8f1c19-bf76-4698-8a85-3b249910a283.
Feature: MFC 6.2 Runtime.
ISDEV : error 126: Item can't be added to collection: '3c8f1c19-bf76-4698-8a85-3b249910a283:<Default>'. Item with this name already exists in collection
Automatic update notification disabled
SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
================= Logging stopped at 5/6/2004 09:20:18 AM ==================
Log file has been created: <file:C:\My InstallShield X Projects\CFS Admin\Media\SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE\Log Files\5-6-2004 09-20-09 AM.txt>

Thanks

Martin

RobCoon
05-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi.

In an effort to narrow down the problem, can you try removing the MFC Object from your setup and then rebuilding? If it succeeds, try adding the object again and rebuild. If it fails, attach the new log file.

martindurant
05-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I cannot see that I have added an MFC object. In the Application Redistributables screen where it asks "Are any of the components of your application built using MFC 4.2?" I have answered "No" and this has not changed. To be honest, I don't know what an MFC Object is nor why I would add one to my application.

Thanks

Martin

RobCoon
05-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Ok. The reason why I was asking about MFC is because that seems to be where the error you reported is coming from. But I realize now that MFC is being included because you are using Crystal Reports. Is that correct?

If so, can you try removing the Crystal Reports support (answering no on the Application Redistributables view), try rebuilding, and then add it back in? Before you do this you might want to save another copy of your project since you will have to enter the settings for Crystal Reports again when you re-add it.

martindurant
05-07-2004, 02:40 AM
Hmm...
I removed Crystal Reports from the install, and rebuilt it and got the same error. When I looked back at the Application Redistributables, CR was added back in and the Crystal Component dialog was displayed. I did this twice with the same result.

I then created a new install app for the same VB app and chose all the same components and dll, and didn't get the error. I then returned to my original project, removed the Crystal component, and rebult it and it worked. Again, I checked the App Redis. screen and Crystal had been added back in.

Not sure what's going on there, but it seems to have built my install application.

Martin.

RobCoon
05-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Well, I am glad you got your project working, but I wish I knew more about what caused all the trouble. If you still have a project that reproduces the problem, please send me the .ism file so I can investigate further.

martindurant
05-07-2004, 11:44 AM
No problem. Thanks for your help. They say that problems that go away by themselevs will come back by themselves, so I'l see how it goes.

Martin.