PDA

View Full Version : Merge Module Locations not recognized

HookEm
05-04-2004, 11:58 AM
We copy all our modules to a network share to ensure that all developers and our build machines are using the same modules. When I downloaded InstallShieldXInstallScriptObjects.exe and installed them to the network location and then opened IS X, the redistributables view shows "Needs to be downloaded" even though the overview pane (on the right) shows the correct file path to found module. This occurs whether the modules are installed locally (someplace other than the IS X default location) or on the network.

mr_anderson
05-05-2004, 07:42 AM
Have you check the settings in the Tools-> Options -> Merge Modules in the InstallShield X interface??

David Thornley
05-05-2004, 08:58 AM
You could also browse to one of the modules using the redistributables view and that will add the path to that file to the merge module search path on the system. You whould then see all of the objects in that folder.

HookEm
05-05-2004, 09:23 AM
All,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that YES, the merge modules path in the Tools -> Options menu IS correct (it does have the network path to the modules). As I said, the right view pane shows the correct path to the module file when displaying the "overview" of the module description. It's just that the middle pane (listing of all available modules) shows the "Needs to be downloaded" message even though the files are available.

I actually haven't tried building yet but that's not the bug I am reporting.

David Thornley
05-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Ahh. My misunderstanding. I will have someone take a look at this. For reference the Work Order is 1-N6VV5.

Thank you for reporting this and following up on my misunderstanding.

johnludlow
05-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Just out of interest, what happens if you try to download the merge module from the right click menu?

HookEm
05-05-2004, 03:58 PM
It downloads. However, this requires a system that is connected to the internet whereas most of our development systems are not (due to contractual requirements).

johnludlow
05-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I was just wondering what would happen.

I wonder how it knows where to download the files? Perhaps it looks in one special place and if it's not there (even though the path might be valid and correct for your purposes) says you need to download the file.

HookEm
05-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Oh, I'm sure that's what's happening. IS X is looking in the %programfiles%\InstallShield X\Modules, ~\Objects, and ~\ObjectsPro folders to determine what is available instead of using the path specified in the registry (via the Tools | Options menu).