PDA

View Full Version : App Path and Warning -3114

wernerf
04-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Using ISD 7.04 German on XP.

In "Advanced Settings" of the "Setup Design" view I created an Application Path for an executable file (the component's key file). It is located in the folder [INSTALLDIR]bin; now, IS created a symbolic folder [BIN] for it, and used it within the "Path" of the App Path. Ok, but [BIN] and [INSTALLDIR]bin are NOT identical, since [BIN] contains a trailing backslash. And if I try to change [BIN] to [INSTALLDIR]bin, I receive Warning -3114 when building (Application path does not contain destination of associated component <COMPONENTNAME>.). Another curiosity: The component's destination path reads as: [INSTALLDIR]bin !

How would I best solve this conflict? IS should know, that [BIN] and [INSTALLDIR]bin refer to the same folder (since it defined BIN by itself, I never did!)? Q107577 (http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=q107577) does not really help; and I would really like to have a "Path" entry without a trailing backslash, since I do not know exactly, what are the consequences of such a setting.

Of course I could create the entry "manually" with a registry component, but is there any other way?

neeshd
04-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Have you tried the consequences of a trailing backslash? I am not sure if there are any. Give it a shot and post the results.

Neeshant

wernerf
05-04-2004, 03:28 AM
You're right: The trailing backslash seems to make no difference, but the testing is not yet done to a 100%. We'll give it a try and leave [BIN] for the "Path" value. If there are any difficulties, we'll try and create the App Path-Key from the "Registry" portion of the component containing the executable file, without the "Application Path"-coupling.

Thanks for replying. Werner.