PDA

View Full Version : Error 1905

rickym
04-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I am trying to put together a installscript which throws an error at the end of the install. The exact message is

Error 1905.Module C:\Jboss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3\tomcat\bin\jspc.bat failed to register HRESULT. Contact your support personnel

I have looked through the other messages on the forum and they have all suggested installing the file manually, but InstallShield creates a CAB file and compresses and changes its name in there. So do they mean just use the ordinary file and run

regsvr32 jspc.bat

?

Any help greatly appreciated
Ricky

wernerf
05-05-2004, 04:49 AM
Hmm, "regsvr32 jspc.bat" is definitely not correct, I never saw a .BAT file being registered (at least up to now :-)), it's more likely, that IN jspc.bat there's a call to REGSVR32.EXE, and that call is failing. Depending on the file being registered there, you can try and find the DLL (or OCX or whatever) to be registered in the program folders, and retry to register it, i.e. issue the call to REGSVR32.EXE that failed. You could also try to simply execute JSPC.BAT again. But all this depends on the contents of the batch file and the program directory. Is it really "failed to register HRESULT" in the message? This sounds strange, since dynamic libraries use to be registered, but a HRESULT?

rickym
05-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Thanks for your help.

I didn't know you can only register dll files. When I run the install it throws the same error with any file in the JBoss directory - it seems completely random to which one it chooses. The error message is always the same HRESULT type.

Does this mean in my install script I have somehow marked some of these files to be registered? Do you know where this is set?

Thank you
rickym