PDA

View Full Version : Cancel button

tarunWT
04-23-2004, 03:04 AM
Hi All,

I have a very simple problem related with cancel button. Here is the context of the problem

I start installing my application. I get Initial dialog for the setup saying "Preparing the installer.........".

Progress bar completes the full range in this dialog and it starts again with sub title (just above progress bar) showing "Configuring Windows Installer".

When I click on the cancel button at this time the button does not work and it takes me to welcome dialog.

Any idea what is happening?? Why the cancel button is not stopping the installation from proceeding??

What can be done to avoid this situation, like hiding/disabling cancel button etc.??

Any inputs welcome

Regards
TK

neeshd
04-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Is the dialog box you speak of listed under "Design the User Interface" -> Dialogs? If so, you should be able to control the actions of the "cancel" button in there.

Neeshant Desai
Software Engineer
Hewlett-Packard

tarunWT
04-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi Neeshant

thanks for reply.

No the dialog which I'm talking about is not there in "Design the User Interface"->Dialogs. It comes before the welcome dialog that is there in ->Dialogs .

Any suggestions welcome

Regards
Tarun

neeshd
04-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Here is just a guess...

When the Installer gets to the point where it says "Configuring Windows Installer" it may be trying to execute any install conditions that your installer has specified. These are specified in 1) Organzie your setup -> General Information -> Product Properties -> Install Conditions

Maybe when you hit the cancel button at that point, it just "cancels" the execution of checking for those install conditions, and jumps to the welcome window, instead of exiting the installer.

I know this isn't a solution...but possibly an explaination??

Neeshant