PDA

View Full Version : Developer 7 SP4 will not load if MKS not connected

Georges
04-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Hello,
I am using MKS Source integrity. I connect remotly to the MKS database via VPN. If my connection is down (Internet down, or I am not online), then developer will not load telling me that MKS encountered a problem (could not initialize PRJNG DLL). Is there a way to isolate developer from MKS? I don't need to check my developer projects in or out. I really don't want them to be associated together.
Thanks for any help.

Georges
04-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Please any help will be appreciated, Thanks

neeshd
04-30-2004, 03:55 PM
I don't quite understand the current interaction you have going between MKS and IS....can you go a bit more in depth to hopefully shed on light why they seem dependent on each other.

Thanks

Neeshant Desai

Georges
05-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Hello neeshd,
I work remotly via VPN meaning that I logon to a domain remotly after I connect through VPN (Virtual Private Network). After I connect, I check in and out projects to the remote network using MKS. If I am not connected via VPN, then MKS will not work because the login validation for MKS is on the remote server.

Now, If I am not connected via VPN (Meaning that MKS can not connect), I am not able to load any projects or create any projects with developer 7. As soon as I try to open or create a project, I get the MKS error: could not open default MKS security and administartion database.
Then when I click ok, I get another MKS error: Could not initialize PRJNG DLL.
Then after cliking ok, I get an installshield error: Installshield developer needs to close. An error has occured and installshield developer could not recover from ..... and it give me the option with 2 checkboxes: Restart installshield and another option Save project.

Any help to resolve this problem will be appreciated,

Thanks