PDA

View Full Version : Help incorrect for "Caption Options"

rmalsch
04-07-2004, 03:11 PM
This is in DS 7.5 SP 2 ...

For the help page entitled "Demo Properties - Styles", under "Caption Options", it says the following for "None":

A caption is the title bar and text that appears at the top of the Demo window during playback. If you choose None, you will not be able to move the window.

First of all, please move the description of what a caption is to above "none". Second, while it's correct that you won't be able to move the window, the window title of the demo shows up as the text entered for "use this", even when the option is chosen to display no caption text. This could be explained a little better in Help, since having an appropriate window title in the taskbar is better than the window being called "DemoShield".

This tab should be slightly rearranged anyways, so that "eliminate border" resides under "None", since the option to eliminate the border is grayed out for the other 2 caption options, and then you can move the "use this" text field to also be under "none". The help should also be updated to reflect that:
[list=1] "eliminate border" is unavailable to other caption options besides "none", because the other caption options will make your demo appear with a window around it,
the option to display no captions is "none", and not "the eliminate caption option". :-)
[/list=1]

JoannaG
04-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Hello,

We appreciate your feedback. I am in the process of creating a Feature Modification request for the issues you have identified. Can you clarify this statement?

"2. the option to display no captions is "none", and not "the eliminate caption option". "

I cannot find in the documentation where "the eliminate caption option" is mentioned. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your comment.

Regards,

rmalsch
04-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JoannaG
I cannot find in the documentation where "the eliminate caption option" is mentioned.
Do a search in help for "eliminate caption". One topic comes up in the query results called "DP Styles Tab". Bring that topic up, and scroll down through the topic to the paragraph beginning with "If the screen resolution of the computer". The last sentence of that paragraph says to "enable the Eliminate Caption option". Now look at the Styles tab within the software. You'll see the radio button is called "None", not "Eliminate Caption".

Hope this helps!