PDA

View Full Version : SOS :Wizard Interrubted Why??

fahedksa
03-30-2004, 12:00 AM
My Project
-visual basic 6
-Crytsal Repprt 8.5
-MSDE 2000
-MDAC 2.8

when make setup its ok without any error when i try use it its give me
The wizard was interrupted befory your project could be completely installed

Please Help

TsungH
03-31-2004, 02:00 PM
I will recommend running your setup with logging enabled. An installation log will provide further information on the error.

viapoint
04-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I know how to fix this error if it is the same one I have seen in MS.NET. Contact me if you are still working on this problem. Contact me anyway since I am trying to do the same thing and we can share ideas.

fahedksa
04-13-2004, 07:45 AM
I still have these problem , I will be crazy becuase i try for two weeks to fix these problem without any soultion
Please help me on these
by the way am new in s\install shield programs i get and try with ( install shield,DEvstudio,express 5 )
thank you

aaronabend
04-13-2004, 08:16 AM
Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I know how to fix it. The bad news is that I spoke with Installshield yesterday and they told me that the fix for Microsoft's MSI installer does not work with installshield. This is unacceptable. I have told them that. I am trying to resolve the issue and have escalated to a service manager.

Question: have you purchased installshield or are you just using the demo version?

If you build using .NET I can tell you how to make it work. Where are you located? I am in Boston. I can be reached at abend@viapoint.com.