PDA

View Full Version : Need help to include file needed to run the application

CutRateBox
03-22-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi,

I need help about including all files needed to run a Web Project (all the files inside my web project except *.cs codebehind files which are compiled inside the DLL) in my C# .NET Install Shield Express 5 setup...

So what I'm doing in order from IS 5 Express is :

New / C# .NET Wizard / Ok

I browse to my .NET Web Project Solution / Finish...

Visual Studio .NET 2003 opens with my Web Project and the Install Shield Project.

I build the Web Project : No error.
I build the Install Shield Project - CDRom release with default setting : No error.

But when I check inside the folder Disk1 generated by Install Shield, there's only the DLL of my web project, not the ASPX pages that are needed by the application.

How can I easily include them (without the .CS codebehind files).

Thanks for your help

veebeefive
03-22-2004, 10:54 AM
When you are clicking Finish, and looking at the project, is it correctly identifying all the project files and the virtual directrories? If not, you will need to make sure these are built in the project so they can be deployed with the setup and IIS configured correctly to run it.

You may need to check the VS.Net project to make sure it is pointing to accessible resources for the ISE wizard to reference and include. Rule of thumb, NEVER ASSUME anything works - always CHECK! :D

Carl.

CutRateBox
03-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Carl, everything seems fine inside my web project !

veebeefive
03-22-2004, 11:40 AM
How about, using .net 2003 installer project to wrap the application install into an merge module.

The include the merge module with any additional resources, UI etc in the ISE project.

Then build the finished installer and give that a whirl.

It should work.

Carl.