PDA

View Full Version : Help: File not Found

Meisha
03-19-2004, 12:14 AM
I am going around and around with this.

When I am building I get the following error:

Loading File table
ISEXP : error -6103: Could not find file "C:\ADM\ADM.ico"

I get this error for every file I am trying to copy.

My destination folder is C:\ADM and the source is D:\ADM. It keeps trying to find files in C:\ADM instead of going to the source CD. I have redone my "Specify Application Data:Files" and the source files even show "link to D:\ADM" and destination [INSTALLDIR]ADM. [INSTALLDIR] is defined as C:\ADM.

Do you know what is going on?:confused:

veebeefive
03-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Try setting the installdir to simply [INSTALLDIR] and remove the ADM from it. It looks as if installshield is looking for a filepath that doesn't exist.

Meisha
03-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I don't understand where I would reset the INSTALLDIR.

I can't reset it at the General Information area. If you are implying I reset it in the "Specify Application Data: Files" how would I do that? Under the Destination computers Folders the destination Folder name is ADM and by default [INSTALLDIR]. I need ADM to be the destination.

So, again, where would I reset it?

veebeefive
03-19-2004, 05:30 PM
Ok, realise your point. I am suggesting that the installer is not seeing the correct paths (could even be security related / permissions maybe?) The [INSTALLDIR] location should be set by the installer when the user is asked to select the installation directory (which you can set a default in the project - in your case C:\Program Files\ADM or [INSTALLDIR])

BUT.... INSTALLDIR should be set to the following:

[ProgramFilesFolder]ADM

Carl.

Meisha
03-19-2004, 05:36 PM
I don't think my problem is the destination. It is not looking in the right location for my source files. It is trying to find my source files where the destination files should be installed. Any ideas as to why it is looking in the wrong area for the source files?

The weird thing is, is that it was doing fine and then just started acting up like this.

Thanks for you help!

veebeefive
03-19-2004, 05:45 PM
It is difficult to tell exactly without seeing the project file itself etc. I wish I could see the actual screen in front of me. A second pair of eyes usually eliminates the obvious.

If I can think of anything else, I will send a message

Carl.