PDA

View Full Version : User unable to post

jgowins
03-11-2004, 07:28 AM
We have another user in our company that is unable to post on this forum even though he can login and has gotten the password emailed back indicating he is registered. The user name is erought, how does he get the ability to post messages?

KellyF
03-11-2004, 08:41 AM
I've sent him an email requesting that he email me, that way I may be able to figure out what was going on.
The high level is: even though you may receive email notifications about passwords, it doesn't necessarily mean that the account was activated. If he never clicked the activation link in the email sent when his account was created, then it was never fully activated. There's also a possibility that he never received the email initially due to some email server or virus purge or SMTP errors on the community server itself.

As soon as I hear back from him, I'll get his account fully activated.

KellyF

Originally posted by jgowins
We have another user in our company that is unable to post on this forum even though he can login and has gotten the password emailed back indicating he is registered. The user name is erought, how does he get the ability to post messages?