PDA

View Full Version : Error 6645

flytrap
03-02-2004, 11:14 AM
I'm getting a build error 6645, as follows:

Building File table
ISEXP : error -6645: C:\AlgApps\meridian\noisefloor\NoiseFloor.exe failed to load. Error: 0 Error Description:

There is no information on this error in 'Error Central.'

Oddly enough, even though this is an error produced during build, a setup.exe is produced, which does seem to contain the required files and to execute OK (spooky). I haven't yet had opportunity to try this on a clean machine, but it's so simple that it's hard to believe that anything could go wrong (it's just installing two files, a .exe and a .dll, and also the .NET 1.1 framework if this is needed. (It's already loaded on my development machine; as long as that works OK on a clean machine then everything seems hunky-dory. It's very disconcerting getting an error message, though - especially an undocumented one. Perhaps you could shed some light on this?

/Gary

TsungH
03-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Sounds like an error during COM extraction or .Net scan. Here is a discussion (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123474) on the error number.

flytrap
03-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the error discussion; sounds like it's exactly what I've been getting. Not a problem for me as I've no dependencies other than the .NET framework, and it all installs OK on a clean machine. It is nice to know what's going on, though. Perhaps something should be added to 'Error Central' to document this for future users who might come across it.

/G.