PDA

View Full Version : cannot include msm (macromedia flash)

andreskruse
02-19-2004, 07:14 AM
hi,
i'm trying to include a msm that I created by converting the macromedia flash msi to msm using orca. I copied the msm file into the modules/i386 folder and when installshield starts I see Macromedia Flash Player as module in the redistributables view. sofar so good. I can also select and click the check box next to it, however, I cannot right-click to see the properties and the 'conditional installation' pane on the right remains disabled.
also, when I save the ise file and reload it the checkbox next to the flash player is unchecked.
needless to say that when I build the installer the msm does not appear to be included.
any ideas on how i can check whats wrong?
thanks for your help,
andres

TsungH
02-19-2004, 03:43 PM
I am not sure how you convert Flash Player from a MSI to a MSM, that part remains a blackbox. I am not sure if you should/can do that "conversion" for various reasons. Can you launch Flash Player MSI with a custom action instead?

andreskruse
02-19-2004, 04:38 PM
great idea, yes.. this worked!
p.s. i converted the msi to msm with orca (the microsoft tool), by opening it with orca and saving it as msm.. i suspect something might have got lost on the way..

TsungH
02-19-2004, 07:02 PM
In case you are not aware of this, opening up MSI with Orca and saving it with a MSM extension does not actually "convert" a MSI into a MSM. It is essentially a MSI file with MSM extension. Here is more information on Merge Module (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/merge_modules.asp).