PDA

View Full Version : want to install to storage card, but don't know what it's called

amy_voxland
02-17-2004, 09:21 AM
I have a Smart Device setup which we would like to install to the storage card, whatever it may be called.

Short of customizing for each customer based on the exact name of their storage card, I don't see a way of doing this. Has anyone found a way?

Thanks in advance,
Amy

aaronjh
02-25-2004, 08:51 PM
As far as I know, the only way this will work is if the user choses an alternative location during the install. There is a drop down list that displays the root location.

Originally posted by amy_voxland
I have a Smart Device setup which we would like to install to the storage card, whatever it may be called.

Short of customizing for each customer based on the exact name of their storage card, I don't see a way of doing this. Has anyone found a way?

Thanks in advance,
Amy

amy_voxland
02-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Hmmm....

When I create a Smart Device project, it lets me set a "Destination Folder". When the install auto-runs from the card, it installs completely without any user intervention. I.e., it never asks the user where the want to install it, it just automatically installs to the "Destination Location". So if I don't know the name of the card in advance, I can't set that up properly.

Is there a way to get it to give the user a choice of where to install? How do I do this?