PDA

View Full Version : How to change folder and application name during install

bluewalls
02-13-2004, 07:54 PM
I have an application that is single user only...a copy of the application needs to exist on the computer for each person that wants to run it. So I would like to present the user with a dialog during the install process to enter a unique name (username) and ISE will rename/append the folder, application and shortcut with the username.

i.e. \folder_name\application_name becomes \folder_name_username\application_name_username

Is this possible in ISE, or do I need to launch and run a VBS or exe to handle that task.

Thanks
Jon

mr_anderson
02-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Install the application to the [AppData] folder. This folder is present in every user's profile. Make sure all the registry entries are also written to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Both this folder and the registry hive are per-user's resource. Thus if a user installs the application it would be available only for the particular user.

Navigate to the dialog's view and select the "Customer Information" dialog. Set the "Show All Users Dialog" flag to "Yes". During installation select "Only for me [USERNAME]" option. This would install the applicaiton to the user's application data folder.

Hope this helps.