PDA

View Full Version : Disk 1 Location

jcrouch
02-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Forgive me is this is a silly question but I have searched everywhere for an answer but cannot find the info I need.

If I include an EXE on my DISK 1 setup how do I perform a custom action to execute the EXE? Where is the location for this file.

Same question if I want to do something with a file via a VBS file - what is the location of the DISK 1 files.

Thanks.

DoctorZ
02-18-2004, 01:32 AM
They claim to be [SourceDir]
I tried and keep on getting errors.
I think I've tried every combination and still get error during installation.

jcrouch
02-18-2004, 08:50 AM
[SourceDir] if the exe is not compressed and [SetupExeDir] if it is compressed. I am using setupexedir and it is working. However, there is some sort of bug that was causing me not to be able to enter that tag while working in the IDE! Some of the folks in this thread http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120202&bpi=1 apparently ran into the bug too.

I worked with support and sent them my ISE file. They inserted the tag, sent the file back to me, and now it works! They said they could not confirm that this is a bug but we both suspect that it has something to do with how deep in the directory tree your IDE is working (how long the path is to your project). Mine is pretty deep into subdirectories so the path is pretty long. When I go to make another app that needs this functionality and run into the same problem I'll move it up in the tree to a directory with a shorter path and see if that fixes it. Right now I'm too busy with my project to do InstallShield's testing for them. ;)

Filmy_1
02-18-2004, 11:14 AM
I use [SUPPORTDIR] and it works fine. Try putting into the language section and in the custom action use "[SUPPORTDIR]filename.exe" for the location. You will have to manually type it in becuase [SUPPORTDIR] is not one of the options in the drop down.