PDA

View Full Version : ISX 5 Problem

wengert
01-30-2004, 06:34 AM
I converted a project from ISX 4.01 to ISX 5 and am getting some errors in the build that I do not understand.

The first error complains that I am using a reserved directory name in the Always Install feature. The relevant entries from the log are:
======================================
InstallExecuteSequence table successfully built
InstallUISequence table successfully built
ISEXP : error -6262: The directory table contains the entry ARPAUTHORIZEDCDFPREFIX. This identifier is reserved ; defining it in the directory table will yield unpredictable results at runtime. Use the Direct Editor to rename this directory Identifier.
Directory table successfully built
=======================================

There are absolutely no entries anywhere in the Always Install Feature? What causes this and how can I resolve it?

The second problem has to do with DirectX. When I first try to build the converted project it complained that it couldn't find the DirectX 8 files. I unchecked DirectX 8.0a and checked DirectX 9 in the merge module list but I still get the fo;;owing error (log exerpt)
========================================
Merging Microsoft OLE 2.40 for Windows NT(TM) and Windows 95(TM) Operating Systems: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules\OLEAUT32.MSM
Merging modules...
ISEXP : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'DirectX8.5DFB22E4_5C69_11D5_8A0D_0060083A72A6:0' for Feature 'AlwaysInstall'.
Merging DAO360: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express 5.0\Objects\DAO360.Msm
Merging DCOM95: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Express 5.0\Modules\i386\DCOM95.Msm
=========================================

How can I get rid of this DirectX 8 artifact?

trevoz
10-15-2005, 09:53 AM
See the post at http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?p=292347#post292347 for a workaround/solution using a MS tool to fix the directory table.