PDA

View Full Version : CD ROM feature list

Wilbur
01-29-2004, 01:30 AM
Could you please help with a few questions regarding ISE4 setup projects (especially question 1):

1) I have recently discovered that when my CDROM setup project requests the installation CD (eg when needing to repair), the combobox titled "Use feature from:" lists an item named "1". Could you please tell me how to rename this item properly (and if it is related to my second question). My setup project fits on one CD.

2) Under the Build your Release', 'CD_ROM' section is a ".NET Build Configuration" property. My current setup projects do not use this property, but I have just discovered that when using the Wizard it automatically enters "CD_ROM". Is it important that I enter something in this property?

3) These two questions arose a problem I'm having. Any idea with what so far seems to be a one-off problem? When I attempt to uninstall via "Add Or Remove Programs" it requests the installation CD, but does not accept the installation CD (it says the msi file is not correct - even though it is), and then won't uninstall. An earlier version of the product was uninstalled prior to installation. I am seriously hoping this does not happen to my customers!!! The same setup uninstalls on other machines I've tested so far.

Your help is much appreciated. Thankyou.

Wilbur
03-11-2004, 06:07 AM
I still havn't solved these items. I would particularly like question 1 addressed. Thanks

Wilbur
03-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Should my setup cd have a particular volume title such as "DISK1" when I am only using one CD? I have been using an abbreviation of the product name and version.

gm_design
03-12-2004, 02:02 AM
...can only be set with an VBScript. Se mor informations in the KB at http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q108003 The Setting ist called "DISKPROMPT" which controls the Sting displayed by a messagebox prompting for a Disk...

HTH
Markus