PDA

View Full Version : WSDL generator not included in any SOAP mm

mdomke
01-28-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm using the latest SOAP merge modules from MicroSoft in my InstallShield Express project. I used to use the SOAP Toolkit SDK installation but moved to the merge module to make a better install package. Unfortunately, there are some files that are not included in the mm that were part of the Tookit installation. Specifically, the WSDL generator files.

Does anyone know if a merge module exists for the WSDL generator files (ie. WSDLGen1.dll), or perhaps how I can install these generator files without a merge module (also, what files are required and where can I get them). I really do not want to use the SOAP toolkit installation as part of my install project.

Many thanks,

mbd

Christopher Painter
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
I just discovered this today aswell when I went to put SOAP into an install for the first time. Any updates?

On a positive note the latest MSM that I downloaded from Microsoft didn't seem to have the Primary Key Language problem that I found mentioned in other threads and KB articles.

mdomke
05-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Well it turns out I didn't really need the WSDL files after all for my project. It was some other files.

What I ended up doing was to compare the files installed using the SOAP toolkit installation from MicroSoft and the files installed using their MM. Whatever files did not install using the MM I simply included those specific files in the Files section of my InstallShield project. This is probably not the most imaginitive way to solve this but it worked for my needs.

HTH,

mbd

Christopher Painter
05-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I found that the Soap SDK also intalls XML4 ... yet strangely the Soap MM doen't list the XML4 MM as a dependancy. Also either the Soap or the XML4 MM ( don't remember which one right now ) installed winhttp4.dll or winhttp5.dll ( again don't remember right now without looking at my project ) and the MM's didn't include it.

This whole concept of MM is good until you find out that the people responsible for making the official MM's suck at it.

KenPeck
06-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi mdomke,

What files did you find were missing in the MM module for the Soap toolkit. I have the same problem.