PDA

View Full Version : lost modify, repear, remove screen

claudeg
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
when i build an application it always deletes the current version even if it is the same build. I remember getting a screen with

Modify
Repair
Remove

as choices. I must have changed some thing so this screen no longer appers. How do I get it back?

Will J.
01-28-2004, 01:40 PM
When the Modify, Repair, or Remove screen is displayed this means that the installation has been brought to Maintenance Mode due to the fact that the same exact installation has already been run on the machine. You should see this screen by running your installation, allowing it to complete, and then running it again.

However if you are running the installation through Express, by default Express will remove the same version if it is already installed. So you will not see Maintenance Mode when running your installation through Express unless you make the following change:

Go to Tools | Options, then select the Preferences tab. Now deselect the "Uninstall before installing" checkbox.

Another way to test Maintenance Mode is to simply run your installation outside of the Express IDE.

claudeg
01-28-2004, 02:55 PM
thanks, will try both approches.