PDA

View Full Version : Command line builds (ISCmdBld.exe)

CarloD
12-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I'm running some command line builds and while they are working I keep encountering a "quirk" that is giving me a bit of grief.

First of all, it's important to know that due to company policy my Win2k PC has been configured WITHOUT any write access to the registry from my id (Ie, I can't run regedit to even look at the registry).

Anyway, when I run a command line build it hits a point where it is trying to read/write a registry key and it prompts me with the following message box warning:

============================================
Registry Error

init 1 Can't Create or Open Registry Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\<Company>\<Application>
============================================

and it sits there UNTIL I click on the OK button, at which point it finishes the build and returns a SUCCESSFUL return code.

Is this an error? Ie, does the fact that it can't access the above key mean the build is bad? Is this normal behavior? Is there no way around this? Is there no way to tell ISCMDBLD.EXE to NOT prompt with message boxes but rather take default actions? This is a big problem for trying to run automated builds. There should be NO user interaction required, that's the point of automated builds.

Thanks,

Carlo Drudi