PDA

View Full Version : UNINSTALL_STRING does not work

ZWIS979
12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
I meet a problem. I am trying to use UNINSTALL_STRING + "sometext" to know if the install is from setup.exe or Add/Remove. However, no matter what value I set to UNINSTALL_STRING, the UninstallString in registry is not modifies. It is always equal to C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\7\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{GUID}. If I add a message box in the install to show the UNINSTALL_STRING, it gives me the value I set.

kk sonu
12-13-2003, 07:01 AM
hi no idea ....

i think u shd recheck for correct entry i tried the same and it is visible in registry ....

any way try to place UNINSTALL_STRING = UNINSTALL_STRING +"something"; at the end of the OnFirstUIBefore() b4 return stmt

try this this is wrking

hope it helps
kk

ZWIS979
12-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Thank you for you reply. But I tried it and it does not work in my machine. The entry is visible in registry. But the value is always the default value, not the value I entered. I even searched the whole registry, the value I entered was not found. But when I try to run the setup.exe again, the UNINSTALL_STRING is what I entered, just it does not go to the registry UninstallString. However, when I run the setup.exe from Add/Remove, Add/Remove uses the value in registry, not what I set.