PDA

View Full Version : SdLicense default button

mkunze
12-11-2003, 06:19 PM
I'd like the SdLicense dialog to appear with the "No" button selected by default, and the simplest way to do this seems to be changing the button behavior in the dialog editor. When I set the "No" button's Default value to True, however, the dialog no longer works correctly during setup: selecting No produces the same result as selecting Yes, which is to proceed to the next dialog rather than terminate the setup.

Is this a bug? Is there a better way to set the default button?

Thanks,
Marshall Kunze

mkunze
12-18-2003, 04:26 PM
I managed to work around the problem by copying the license dialog function from sdlic.rul into my setup.rul and modifying it slightly to use it as a custom dialog.

I edited the SdLicense dialog as before, making the No button the default, then added the following to my MySdLicense function's switch statement:

case SD_PBUT_CONTINUE:
Do(EXIT);

Now the No button is highlighted by default, and selecting it results in a quit confirmation dialog, as expected.

For some reason, when the dialog has not been edited, the No button returns SD_PBUT_EXITSETUP, but after the dialog has been edited to make No the default button, it returns SD_PBUT_CONTINUE. Without that case in the switch statement, it won't exit.