PDA

View Full Version : IIS virtual Sub directory

meuph01
12-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Hello,

I would like to know how is it possible to create Virtual Sub directories in IIS with installshield IIS view.

Here is how my files are organized :

[WindowsVolume]inetpub\wwwroot\Dashboard
[WindowsVolume]inetpub\wwwroot\Dashboard\webtreeview
[WindowsVolume]inetpub\wwwroot\Dashboard\weboverbooking
[WindowsVolume]inetpub\wwwroot\Dashboard\webstats

And I would like to create an application for all of those folders and set default document for them, but with keeping the folders hierarchy, as when I type the web adress it goes like this :

http://myServer/Dashboard/webstats

The problem I get is when I create Virtual Directories with Installshield, all the Virtual Directories are created at the root of the website.

Is there a way to make virtual subdirectories and create applications for them ??? It would help me a lot !

Thanx

planders
12-03-2003, 06:25 PM
It does not appear to be possible to do what you want to do directly with installshield. (I could be wrong, though. I'm not an IS expert.)

Now, if your subdirectories such as webstats are physically located on the disk under the main one (Dashboard) then it should just work. (Though if you need different default documents for each one, that might be a problem.)

You can always run a program post-install that creates the exact virtual directory structure you need using the ADSI management code. This is what my product does. If you encapsulate it into a DLL then you will be able to call it from within Installshield.

Hope this helps.

kk sonu
12-04-2003, 05:22 AM
hi,
i think the coplete code is avilable at
www.installsite.org

please go thru it.
hope it works
kk

graven
12-04-2003, 07:06 AM
from within isdev open the help library.
in the index type field type "IIS". there you go.

there's two major chapters:
1) "IIS Virtual Directories"
2) "Copying Files to the Web Server's Root Directory on a Target Machine"

in short:
you'll have to use "AppSearch" and "RegLocator" tables in direct editor.

then you'll have to make some entries in the "Directory" table.

when crosslinking inside the directory table, you'll be able to implement whatever sort of subdirectory structure.

cheers, graven (ISdev 7.04; basic MSI)