PDA

View Full Version : CopyFile and Major Upgrade

Lucos2002
11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi!

I'm using CopyFile to do this.
During OnFirstUIBefore: Copy a file from the installdir folder to the temp folder (and does nothing if it is a fresh install).

During OnFirstUIAfter Copy the file from the temp folder to the installdir folder (or from the CD to installdir if it is a fresh install )

IS does it almost well. If you look at the folder while setup is displaying the sdFinishEx dialog you'll see the file. But as soon as you press finish then the file is deleted! :confused:

Why?

I tried Disable and Enable Logging, Didn't work!

Any ideas more than welcome ;-)
Cheers!

Lucos2002
11-21-2003, 09:20 AM
OK don't bother replying to this I found the issue. It actually is a known issue. Installshield rollback every installscript action made during a major upgrade.

How **** is this software really!! You wan't worst? They claim they were going to fix this. Release 9 is out and the bug is still there! You have to get release 9 sp 1 to actually have it fixed.

I don't think installshield fully realise the cost of using their product. You first pay for the soft (that's normal). But then you have to pay the engineers to work on finding workarounds to all those problems. COM registration, upgrades.... there are bugs all over the place!
And even worst. You have to pay to get the release 9 upgrade WHICH IS ALSO FULL OF BUGS

You guys suck and I am not happy at all!

philiph
11-21-2003, 01:38 PM
I have echoed this numerous times.