PDA

View Full Version : deploy .NET Framework 1.1 from MSI project

sweiner
11-17-2003, 05:15 PM
I am using IS Developer 7 SP4 and a MSI project that need to deploy the .Net Framework 1.1. How is Installshield recommending we do this?

ProductManager
11-17-2003, 05:23 PM
In release settings set framework to download from web and then in drop down select version 1.1.

Or you can package it right in the setup... but regardless the setting is in the release settings.

sweiner
11-17-2003, 05:37 PM
I think I have seen a screen shot of what your talking about, but isn't that in IS Dev 8.0. I am using IS Dev 7.0 SP4, and don't see that option.

ProductManager
11-17-2003, 06:14 PM
Im sorry, I have been using 8.0 too long, yes that is how in 8.0, uhh.. for 7.0 its still possible, maybe threw a installscript custom action.

I just installed 7.0 on a test machine and its downloading the sp4, but i'm heading out. It will be done downloading when I come in tomorrow and I will look how to do it, if no one answers before that.

ProductManager
11-18-2003, 11:07 AM
I just updated to sp4 and it does have the .net option to turn on, exactly like 8. are you sure your on 7.04....becuase 7.04 has it... im attaching screen shot for yah...

One other thing...I noticed it didn't have version number like 8 does, so youll have to run a test to see what version its including.

I'd say upgrade to 8.0.... the validation tool is excellent, its allowed me to have successfulll minor upgrades everytime... worth the 400 my company spent to get the upgrade... 400 is chump change for the extra features you get.

but answer to your question, yes 7.04 has save option in release settings...see attached image.