PDA

View Full Version : Dialog Editor - Can't create push button

nnjcsc
11-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Using the dialog editor, I cannot create a pushbutton. I can create all the other controls, checkbox, text box, combo box, radio button. I click on the control push button on the tool bar, and it appears to become enable or active. Then I move my cursor to the dialog and drag/draw where I want the pushbutton, but the pushbutton does not get created. I have tried opening and closing InstallShield, and rebooting, but to no avail.

Thanks and regards,

Nelson Jarvis

hidenori
11-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Nelson,

If you create a new project, is the problem reproducible? Which project type are you working with, Basic MSI or InstallScript?

Hidenori Yamanishi
InstallShield Software Corporation

nnjcsc
11-13-2003, 11:48 PM
Hidenori,

I am using InstallScript. I created a new dialog. I right clicked on "All Dialogs", and selected a new Skinable Dialog. Then I renamed the dialog to my naming convention. I edited the dialog and was able to add all controls except for a push button.

I tried creating a new InstallScript project and new dialog, and again I cannot add a pushbutton, but I can add other controls.

Thanks and regards,

Nelson Jarvis

hidenori
11-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Nelson,

Thanks for the information. However, I cannot reproduce the problem in house. Here is what I did:

1. Create a new InstallScript project.
2. Navigate to the Dialogs view.
3. Add a new skinnable dialog.
4. Add a new push button control to the dialog.

Did you do anything before adding a push button? I wonder if the problem occurs when you create a new blank dialog or script base dialog. Also can you add a push button control to any predefined InstallShield dialogs?

Hidenori Yamanishi

installhell
01-06-2004, 05:45 AM
Hi

I am having the same problem. I migrated my install script project from dev 7.0 to dev 9.0. After upgrade all the combo boxes and push buttons disappered in the dialogs view under User Interface. However if I go to Direct Editor, I can see these push buttons in the Control table.

Even if I insert a new dialog, the push buttons (Next, Cancel, Back are not shown in the Dialogs view (under User Interface) whereas these push buttons are added to the Control table.

I can not add push buttons/ combo boxes. to a new or existing dialog.

Please Help

nnjcsc
01-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Some of your registry entries are missing. InstallShield sent me a fix for this. I have attached the fix. It re-registers your missing entries. It fixed my problem. Contact InstallShield if you have any more problems with this, as I am not an InstallShield employee.

Regards,

Nelson Jarvis

installhell
01-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Thanks

It worked.