PDA

View Full Version : Error: -5073: The binary key Dll_.ini is missing

huntant
11-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Has anyone seen this error before (Error: -5073: The binary key Dll_.ini is missing)? I've searched all of the tables and there is no reference to this file. What would be causing it to look for this entry in the Binary table?

Anthony

Joshua
11-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Anthony,

The InstallShield Help Library indicates the following:

"Open the Binary table in the Direct Editor to verify that this entry exists. Select “Reset InstallShield Custom Actions” from the Project menu on the toolbar."

huntant
11-14-2003, 02:47 PM
That option is grayed out, how do I enable it. Also, I usually remove all of the InstallShield custom actions and have never had this problem before.

Anthony

huntant
03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Found the problem, there was an entry in the ISDLLWrapper table. Once I removed this, the problem went away. The IDE must have created this entry as a default when adding a type 1 custom action.

Anthony

PMostek
04-09-2004, 09:18 AM
You say you removed an entry from the ISDLLWrapper Table, and your error went away? I am getting the same error, using InstallShield 8.0 SP2, however I don't have any entries in the ISDLLWrapper table.

huntant
04-12-2004, 07:32 AM
This is the entry that was in the ISDLLWrapper table that I removed.

EntryPoint: DLL1
Type: 0
Source: MyDLL.DLL
Target: void MyDLL.DLL::MyFunction()

Try searching for some of those keywords, they may find the table entry that is causing you the problem.

Anthony