PDA

View Full Version : COM+ Export/Import

jjohnson@wausau
11-11-2003, 03:26 PM
I need to export a COM+ application from one server and then import from another server. The reason we need to export is to keep all the original server information. Is there a way to export a COM+ application programmatically and then import programmatically?

RichAquino
11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi,

There isn't native InstallScript code to do this. If there is an API to do it, you'll be able to prototype the API and call it in InstallScript. I don't know of such an API though.

Do you need to do all of this at install time? Is it possible to do any of it pre-build? It may simplify your installation.

Rich

jjohnson@wausau
11-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Well. . .since the installshield is creating the COM+ app, it would be nice to export it at the same time. I wish I know more about how API's work and how to program them. I'm not very good at understanding C/C+ like code.

RichAquino
11-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I don't understand what you mean when you say you want to export a COM+ app.

Rich

jjohnson@wausau
11-11-2003, 04:40 PM
When you go into the control panal, admin, component services and create your COM+ app, under the menu options you can export the COM+ app so that it can be imported on a different machine. The COM+ app internally stores machine names and that is what we need on this second server so I just can't recreated on the 2nd server.