PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Tasks

jjohnson@wausau
11-11-2003, 03:25 PM
I need to schedule a task to run at 2:00 AM. Manually you can do this through the control panal. Is there a way to add this programmatically through installshield?

RichAquino
11-11-2003, 04:15 PM
Hi,

There isn't native InstallScript code to do this. If there is an API to do it, you'll be able to prototype the API and call it in InstallScript. I don't know of such an API though. There may also be a command line to the task scheduler that you can use LaunchAppAndWait to call.

Rich

jjohnson@wausau
11-11-2003, 04:17 PM
thanks

Jsowen
05-19-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi,

Did you get the scheduled tasks to work? If so, please would you point me in the right direction.. not having much luck at the moment :(

Cheers

Jason Davis
05-20-2004, 06:40 AM
AT is the command that Rich mentioned above. If I understand what you're after, you could write a little .cmd or .bat script that uses the "AT" command to create and setup the scheduled task you want. Your installer could update the file if necessary at runtime. Then just do a LaunchAppAndWait on the script to create the scheduled task.

peterbi
10-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Jason,

I found this is a very old post (>2 yrs), but I wonder if whatever you did did make the installer setup the task, i.e. after installation, your user doesn't need to do anything and the task is able to run (either as scheduled or by right click ont the task and click on 'Run')? I have tried a bit on it (Win2003 environment), but I (or users) still need to manually input password before the task can run :-(((

Thanks for any response,
Peter