PDA

View Full Version : Serious issue turning off the UI option in .NET Framework 1.1 Installation

razmik
11-11-2003, 01:16 PM
I am having a serious issue, installing the .NET Framework 1.1 as part of the required installation.
It currently gives the user a choice to bypass the .NET installation.

I am trying to hide this choice, and always install it, if not already installed.
Our Application is written in .NET and the .NET Framework is required.

I created a default InstallScript MSI Project. Then used the Release Wizard to include the .NET with the option “Show full user interface when installing .NET Framework” unchecked. Code is attached.

Show full user interface when installing .NET Framework
Select this option to have the full user interface displayed when dotnetfx.exe installs the .NET Framework on the target system.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

RichAquino
11-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi,

Just set the "Display .NET Option Dialog" property to "No." This will hide the MessageBox asking the user if they want to install .NET 1.1. However, they'll still see the License Agreement dialog.

Rich

razmik
11-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Is “Display .NET Option Dialog” same as the following option in the Release Wizard?
“Show full user interface when installing .NET Framework”

I had already unchecked it.

It still shows the option.

Thanks

RichAquino
11-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi,

“Display .NET Option Dialog” shows up in the grid, but is not in the release wizard, and “Show full user interface when installing .NET Framework” is in the wizard but not the grid. These properties sound familiar, but are different.

I created WO 1-GZQ2H, which says that both properties need to be in both the wizard and the grid.

Rich

razmik
11-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks Rich, it did work!

Good idea to make it clear in InstallShield UI.

Another UI Suggestion:
In Visual Studio 2003, if any Property option is different than default, text is shown in Bold. Is there a way to turn this on? If Not I sure hope to see this in the next release.

RichAquino
11-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Good suggestion. Does the property value or the property name get bolded?

Rich

razmik
11-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Hi Rich,

Only the Property value, which becomes different than the Default value, gets bolded.

When you choose the default Property value again, it goes back to Normal Text.

I am sure it will be a great help in debugging.

Thanks

chrisburke
11-19-2003, 08:52 AM
Hi,

I have an InstallScript MSI project, I've managed to supress the .Net install screens (license agreement etc...) but I also want to supress the .Net option dialog. Only I can't seem to find the "Disable .Net Option Dialog" property that was mentioned in previous posts. Can anyone be a bit more specific than " it shows up in the grid"?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

chrisburke
11-19-2003, 12:16 PM
It's OK I found it.

Cheers

Chris

Mike Farrington
07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I have an InstallScript MSI project, I've managed to supress the .Net install screens (license agreement etc...) but I also want to supress the .Net option dialog. Only I can't seem to find the "Disable .Net Option Dialog" property that was mentioned in previous posts. Can anyone be a bit more specific than " it shows up in the grid"?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

How did you manage to supress the EULA?

capt underoo
11-01-2006, 06:15 PM
this also works, there is a dialog in the media wizard to add command line options when installing dot net framework...Install /l /q