PDA

View Full Version : Making a build deletes files from Package dir

jarjarv
11-11-2003, 09:34 AM
When I build a single exe release, the contents of the \media\release\package\ dir gets deleted. Is there a way to make a build without deleting the files?

My setup uses some files from the setup.exe location, and now I need to copy the files every time I build the release.

A related issue is that one can't make a build if related directories are open in Explorer or documents open in other programs.

Needing constantly to copy files, change Explorer's active dir and close and open documents get's pretty tiresome at times, as I need to tweak the files in the setup.exe dir.

Is there a way to change the way the build process works with directories?

I do realize that it's easier to just copy the new setup.exe to another location for testing, but I'm curious if there is another solution :)

LewisQ
11-11-2003, 10:11 AM
To the best of my knowledge, this is the intended behavior. I suggest a VBScript, NAnt or bacth file to do the tweaks that you need...

AlexLee
11-12-2003, 04:03 AM
Can't you put these files into the build? I did exactly that, and now everything works a treat!

In the Behavior and Logic section, in the Support Files/Billboard section, Advanced Files/Disk 1 add in whichever files you need.

These will be packaged into the single-file exe, but if you are referencing them from the install script, then you will still have access to them - it reads the files straight out of the .exe instead of them being actual files in a folder somewhere.

hth,

Alex

jarjarv
11-12-2003, 04:50 AM
Unfortunately the end user needs to be able to tweak the files before starting the installation, so the files need to be separate files.

I wrote a batch file like LewisQ suggested.

Ramose
01-21-2004, 02:54 PM
if you add the files here Support Files/ Advanced Files/Disk 1 when you build the files will be there with your single exe release. So you can modify the files in disk1 after you build the install