PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend me !!!!!

modxv3
11-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Dear all
I am a new Installshield user. I don't know how to use Installshield please recommed me about document online.

I create application for pocket pc by .Net 2003 success but I don't know how to create setup for my application. I download Installshield devstudio demo and try to used it. I add installshield project to my solution and when I build installshield project I don't know where file setup.exe ????? In folder Release it create folder "686", "2577", "4000", "10003" and "wce400" what is it??? I try to read the white paper "Creating Installations for Smart Devices with InstallShield DevStuiod" but I don't understand.

Please help me.
Best Regards,
Mod-X

Fabio Pagano
11-11-2003, 09:41 AM
1. From Windows, "Start / Programs / InstallShield / InstallShield DevStudio for Visual Studio .NET 2003".

2. In VS, "File / New Project", choose "InstallShield DevStudio 9 Projects / InstallScript MSI Project" (no Smart Device Setup Project).

Now you have a project.

3. On the right (solution pane) open "Application Data" and double click on "Redistributables".

4. Select (check) the "Windows CE" Merge module

5. "Welcome to the Windows CE object Wizard".

6. Follow the steps and have fun.

7. When done, Rebuild solution (attention to the actual configuration in "Configuration manager") .

Note: the resulting installation has to be executed on desktop pc. Then, through ActiveSync, the pocket files will be automatically installed on the device.

The "Smart Device Project", instead, cannot be launched on desktop and the resulting cab files must be manually transferred to device and then launched.

I've created an installation for ppc with a single "Setup.exe" file. This installation installs .NET CF, Sql CE objects and my application, works really great.

Love InstallShield.:cool:

modxv3
11-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Dear Sir
Very thank you for guide me. I think I can create my setup project

Thank you very much !!!!!

Mod-X:)