PDA

View Full Version : Progress Bar not being updated

SeanTi
11-09-2003, 07:55 AM
Hi,

The problem I have is that the Progress Bar is not being updated when the files are being installed to the target drive. The indicator sits at 0%, then, when the installation has completed, it goes to 100%. The install is completing successfully, but the user is given no indication as to the progress.

When I'm developing it, the progress bar is displayed correctly. Also when it downloads the .msi, the progress indicator for this is displayed fine.
I'm using IS 7.04 under NT, its a Web download using one click install. Its a standard install and I don't use copy or xcopy (the install was built from the Install Wizard).
I've trawled through the MB but nothing I've can across seems to match my problem.

Any ideas anyone???

Thanks

Sean

kk sonu
11-12-2003, 05:25 AM
hi
i m facing similar problem

can any one help us!!!!

thanx in advance
Regards
kk

dgbach
11-12-2003, 09:25 AM
I subscribed to this thread hoping to see what others have found. I have had similar problems in my (standard) projects in the past. As I recall, the progress bar moved on some machines, but not others. I think it went away when I created a new project then copied in my old .rul files. If I were having the problem today, I'd probably first try changing all of the GUIDs, package code, product code, and components. Next, I would figure out how to reinstall/repair the msi.

-db

trip42
12-01-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm still new to InstallShield and this forum, so apologies if this answer is way off or if you've already found a solution.

My past experience has been with just straight MSIs and Visual Studio Installer. Now, I have seen this progress bar problem with straight MSIs if the DCOM security settings are too tight. Apparently, the progress bar on MSIs is controlled via RPCs, and if the DCOM settings are too tight, it won't let those calls through. I unfortunately don't have more details, but you might check your DCOM settings and see if that helps.