PDA

View Full Version : How to include custom .skin in install built using Clean Build & IS COM API?

alastair.camero
11-08-2003, 12:41 PM
I've created a custom .skin for our install. I'm now wondering how to deploy it with the product install?

We use the Clean Build environment & the InstallShield COM API to completely automate the building of all installs and patches - we never build anything by hand.

To keep everything automated I'd like to modify our build scripts to build (using CreateSkinFile) and then copy the custom .skin to the DISK1 folder after the install itself has been built.

Do I simply need to copy our custom skin to DISK1 and call it "setup.skin". Does it matter if the Project .ISM has been authored using another skin (such as Blue.skin)?

Any other issues I need to be aware of?

Alastair

RichAquino
11-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi Alastair,

If you are using DevStudio 9.0 or higher, you should be able to just copy your .skin file to the <DevStudioFolder>\skins folder. Then, it'll show up in the Dialogs view. You can select it there and the build will take care of it.

If you are using pre-DevStudio 9.0, use the direct editor to set the Skin value in the InstallShield table.
i.e.
<ISProductFolder>\Skins\MySkin.skin

Otherwise, calling it setup.skin and copying it to your disk1 folder will suffice.

Rich