PDA

View Full Version : SdAskOptionsList() and Win 9x

cdemmings
11-07-2003, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I am having a problem since upgrading from Professional 6 that involves SdAskOptionsList() and was wondering if anybody else has encountered any problems.

When running the setup in any NT environment (Nt & 2k), the program works fine. If run in Win 9x, the function does not work properly. If I trace the program in both environments, the program steps through the same script lines, in the same order with the same error returns (which is none).

I am using FeatureAddItem() function to add items to a script-created feature set. The items are added fine with no return errors.

I then call "SdAskOptionsList ( @REQUESTSMS_DLG_TITLE, @REQUESTSMS_DLG_DESC, "", EXCLUSIVE ) ;"

In NT, all of the items are displayed as expected. In Win 9x, only the titles are displayed with NO items list box showing. The NEXT and BACK buttons are displayed and work fine.

Other than this problem, my entire script converted properly from Professional 6 to the new Dev Studio.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

DevinEllingson
11-08-2003, 07:34 AM
cdemmings,

Does this problem occur if you don't use a script created component set (i.e.) you use the components from the media?

Devin Ellingson
InstallShield Software Coporation

cdemmings
11-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Devin,

Thanks for you reply.

- I changed the script to NOT use script built components.

- I re-tested in NT and 98.

- In NT, the function would show the two top level components for my application.

- In 98, the selection screeen was blank - just the same as when using the script built components.

-- Is there a workaround.
I need to build a list of items at RUNTIME when the user can select only ONE item from the list.

Thanks.

slingshot
11-26-2003, 06:39 AM
I've found the same problem. It also occurs with the SdFeatureMult, SdFeatureDialog and SdFeatureDialogAdv dialog boxes.

I tried using the MyAskOptionsList dialog box from InstallSite but that doesn't seem to handle scrolling properly and is not quite the same as the original SdAskOptionsList.

Did you find any resolution to this problem?

cdemmings
11-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Hi slingshot,

Yes I have made a workaround, but it requires a little bit of work.

I created my own Dialog with the Dialog editor provided by DevStudio and then wrote the function to call the dialog (e.g. WaitOnDialog(SCREEN_SIMS_SCREEN); ).

Since I am able to customize it more than the SdAskOptonsList() (e.g. sorting), I actually like the results from the customized screen even better than built in function.