PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Italian translation



Fabio Pagano
11-06-2003, 07:13 AM
In IsDev9, i created a setup in Italian language. In Windows "Add/Remove programs" form, appears the text "Rimuove tutti i funzioni installati" instead of "Rimuove tutte le funzioni installate" (the Italian translation for "Feature" is "funzione" and is female, not male eg. "la funzione" - "le funzioni" - "nuove funzioni" not "i funzioni" , "nuovi funzioni").

Is it possible to change this behaviour through custom strings, waiting for IS to correct this very small bug?

LewisQ
11-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Look it up in the Italian string table and then edit it :-)

Fabio Pagano
11-06-2003, 02:40 PM
These messages appear in maintenance mode, but i didn't find them in the string table. I have tried with Direct Editor but found nothing. I have found the word "componenti" but not the word "funzioni".

Ray Ju
11-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Hi Fabio,

This is Ray from InstallShield.

The string is from _IsRes.dll and it is in "...\Redist\0410\i386". The skin one is in "...\Redist\0410\i386\Skins". Do the following to modify the string:
1. In order to modify this file, you need to Install MS VC++ 6.0 or above,
2. Launch MS VC++ IDE, go to "File" menu and select "Open",
3. Choose _IsRes.dll file, in the "Open as:" dropdown combo box, select "Resources" and click on Ok,
4. All resources in this file should be displayed and you should expand the Dialogs node,
5. Find the dialog with id 12053, and double-click on it,
6. This dialog should be the maintenance dialog you saw when running DevStudio 9 from Add/Remove,
7. Modify the text by double-click on the control,
8. Save the file when done.

Rebuild your project and this should fix your problem for now. You probably want to make a backup of the original and modified _IsRes.dll, in case something happens.

A Work Order, 1-GOPVY, is created to keep track this issue. We will fix this WO in a future release.

Ray,
InstallShield

Fabio Pagano
11-07-2003, 03:19 PM
:) Really thanks.

Fabio Pagano
11-11-2003, 09:30 AM
In addition, in _isres.dll i had to change the string table too. As a note, i've edited _isres.dll with Vs2003. :rolleyes: