PDA

View Full Version : Declaring SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER

dbriggs
11-05-2003, 07:45 AM
I've just created a new Script project using the New Project Assistant. Mostly it is fine, but when I tried to declare the shortcut folder display name as SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER, I got
a String Table entry with that value instead.

I tried entering <SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER> as well, but this is also a String. Neither are used correctly at install time. Instead, my Shortcuts are created in a folder called "SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER", not in the name I've assigned to the system variable.

I've not had this problem previously because I have only migrated projects from IS 5.5 and Pro 7.

Thanks for any suggestions.

David

RichAquino
11-05-2003, 02:35 PM
Hi David,

This is WO 1-802HL.

Is this working in you migrated projects?

Rich

dbriggs
11-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Yes, perfectly. I tried looking at the XML in case I could copy it across, but it's very different. In the migrated projects, I have SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER in the folder list, but it's a string in the Assistant-generated project (as you'd expect $;-).

Do you know what I can do to fix it (apart from re-creating the project in IS5 and migrating it)?

Thanks,

David

RichAquino
11-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi David,

I think the problem is being caused by the string table entry. If that wasn't there, it probably works. Can you look at the XML, and try to replace the string "##MY_STRING_ID##" with "SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER", then see if that works?

Rich

dbriggs
11-06-2003, 07:52 AM
I compared the XML with a migrated project, and actually replaced:

##IDS_STRING2##

(the string table ID, of course) with

&lt;SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER&gt;

That came up as <SHELL_OBJECT_FOLDER> in the Shortcuts view, so it looks like the problem is solved.

Thanks,

David