PDA

View Full Version : Error 2228 when Applying Patch

Nelson Munce
11-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Working with a Basic MSI Installsheild 7 sp 4 project I am able to successfully create a patch using the Patch Creation wizard. However, once I try

to apply the newly created 'Update.exe', I get the attached error message:

Internal Error 2228...

I find no information specific to this error message on this and other sites. Is there a way to log the patch installation to determine what

specifically is causing the problem, or better yet, does this error message have a specific cause that anyone out there can identify?

Thanks

Nelson Munce
11-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Here is the screenshot of the error...

FrankGales
11-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Hello Nelson,
any news rgd. this problem. We ran into the same.

Greetings,
Frank

Nelson Munce
11-20-2003, 11:06 AM
I havent tested this out yet, but support believes it is related to the fact that I have several components that dynamically include files and directories. Apparently including subdirectories when dynamically linking files can cause problems with patching. Here is their reply and reference to a KB article...

Yes, there can be problems using dynamic linking in patching. This is addressed in the InstallShield Knowledge Base article entitled "INFO: Patch Creation Tips for Dynamically Linked Project Files" and indexed by article number q106247. Please take a look at this article and let me know if it helps. Thanks.

Note that I havent had time to check this out yet though. Let me know if it applies to and/or solves your problem.