PDA

View Full Version : Dialog's

SevenTest
11-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Is there a way to find out which dialog window would be used after a build?

After creating a project in DevStudio9, my setup type are only two. Typical and Custom. I clicked on the build button and run the test to check the window scripts that will appear for the user. Some of the window scripts that appear is not needed. How can I turn off some of the dialog windows. ISExpress has this feature.

Mark at IS
11-04-2003, 10:32 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Please supply more details.

RobCoon
11-04-2003, 03:32 PM
InstallScript projects are a little different from the project Express creates, in that it is the script that actually controls the appearance of the dialogs. You can change which dialogs do and do not get displayed by altering the functions called in the script. In a new InstallScript project, most of the dialog function calls appear in the script event OnFirstUIBefore. To see this event, go to the scripts view, select "Before Move Data" in the first combo box, and select "OnFirstUIBefore" in the second combo. This will show you the code that gets called before file transfer, and is responsible for showing these dialogs.

If you don't feel comfortable modifying the script, you might want to switch to the Project Assistant view. There you can select the dialogs on the Installation Interview page, and it will update your script accordingly. You can switch back to the scripts view to examine the changes if you like.