PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Repair

teknodude
10-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi again,

With regards to the earlier post about 'Registry entries deleted', one thing I've noticed happening is that the Installer is being called automatically. Could it be that the 'self repair' mechanism is being invoked? I noticed that the OnEnd event is being thrown occasionally. What would be causing this autorepair to start?

cheers,
tek.

lsmeteor
10-31-2003, 09:36 AM
Autorepair kicks in when one of the files set as key-files is changed. To avoid auto-repair, I would unmark those file.

teknodude
10-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the response. You mention key files, but the stuff being 'repaired' isn't a particular file. Like I said, during the installation, I write out a bunch of stuff to the registry so future upgrades can grab them and know where to do the install, etc. I am aware of the problem with Major Upgrades wiping stuff out, so I've turned off logging during the registry manipulation code. For older installations that have logging turned on, I've got some code in the OnEnd event of the install that restores the registry entries AFTER the installer is finished. This seems to work. The problem now is that during use of the Web application, the installer is still being called. I have a message box in the OnEnd event that is being displayed. It's really wierd. I don't know why it's being invoked.

Cheers,
tek.

lsmeteor
10-31-2003, 01:51 PM
That beats me too.
Is the web application making a call to a setup program or changing a local file in any way?
Which setup comes up? The one for the web app or is it for something else?

teknodude
10-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Hi,

The setup being invoked is the one for my web application.