PDA

View Full Version : Component Services problem

mikegillow
10-30-2003, 04:11 PM
I'm attempting to use the new Component Services pane in Dev 9. I am working on converting an IS6.1 project that includes six COMPlus server applications. When running my new setup (I am using the InstallScript MSI project type), I get three instances of an error window: "Error 1928.Error registering COM+ application." I did a verbose log of the setup - the errors occur during the ISComponentServiceFinalize action, but that's all I can glean from the log. The install does not roll back, either - it seems to complete successfully (I found the line "MSI (s) (D8:48): Product: My Product -- Installation operation completed successfully." near the end of the log). I've examined the resulting stuff in Component Services and it seems to be all there (I haven't gone through it in heavy detail, but the apps all get created and there are components in each one.)

Other than the fact that each COMPlus application is associated with a different feature and has a different name, the setup for all of them is the same in the IDE. I did go into the Components pane and change the destination for each one to a folder within my product's structure, and I changed the component name to something identifiable.

Four of the apps are dependent upon other dll's in my setup - but I cannot find any common denominator that could give me three failures.

Any ideas? - I really don't want to go back to IS script for setting these up in COMPlus.

thanks,

Mike

hidenori
11-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Mike,

Could you post the MSI log to this thread? I would like to take a look at it to see what is causing the problem.

Thank you,

Hidenori Yamanishi
InstallShield Software Corporation

mikegillow
11-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Here it is.

Mike

hidenori
11-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Thank you for providing the log file. The exception 0x80110447 - 'A role assigned to a component, interface, or method did not exist in the application' has occured during the COM+ application installation. We had another customer receiving the same error and he could resolve it as follows:

"My development PC had a component of my package that had the Security tab wrong. "Enforce Component Level Access Checks" was checked but no roles were checked. Once I corrected this I got a clean install."

Could you try it and let me know if it fixes your problem?
Thank you,
Hidenori Yamanishi
InstallShield Software Corporation