PDA

View Full Version : internal error 2753

rwinkler
10-30-2003, 11:35 AM
I have a custom action (type: Launch an exe --Installed with product ) using an executable. I have the following Exec condition: ' Not Installed AND ADDLOCAL><"FeatureA" '

If another product is already installed on the target system, which has already installed this feature then this error appears. Looking in the log-file I see the following: 'The File 'file.exe' is not marked for installation'. This is correct, because this feature is already installed with the same version, so it shouldn't be installed again.

In this case the custom action shouldn't be executed. I guess my condition is not sufficient.

Question: how can I ask if this .exe is marked for installation or not and how can I use it in my Exec condition.

Thanks in advance
roland

rwinkler
11-03-2003, 07:00 AM
I solved the problem. It was quite easy. Instead of using a ca-type launch an exe -- installed with product I launch now the executable from a location linkby an entry from the directory table. So I have neither a problem if the .exe was already in the target directory nor if it is copied by the installation before.

Roland