PDA

View Full Version : Class not registered Error in Windows XP !

magesh_wanda
10-29-2003, 05:04 AM
Hi,
I am using Windows 2000 to build my Installer. Some of my VC++ .dlls require restart after installation. Previously if I don't restart the machine after installation, I was getting "Class not registered" error from two of the .dlls when I run my program .exe. After I did restart my application works fine and I am not getting this error. The above testing in also done in Win 200 PC

When I ran my installation in Windows XP, even after restarting the machine, I am getting "Class not registered" error. If I manually go and register those two .dlls using "regsvr32.exe" my application works fine. (In addition to install shield registration, I am also doing the registration using the following command LaunchAppAndWait(WINSYSDIR ^ "regsvr32.exe", "/s " ^ filepath, WAIT))

Can anyone help me in solving this problem to avoid manual registration of .dlls. Why am I getting this error in Win XP and not in Win 2000 ?

regds
Magesh

dhesog
10-29-2003, 11:17 AM
It seems that some dependent files required by your VC++ dll's are not registered properly that is why you are getting this error.

Please make sure that all the dependent files for your VC++ dll’s are already registered prior to these. As far as the different behavior on different OS is concerned, may be the dependent files are available on Windows 2000.

Try to run your installer on different XP system and see if the same behavior persists on XP.