PDA

View Full Version : Convert ISPro 5.5 project to DevStutio 9

jerrycandle
10-28-2003, 06:39 PM
I am converting a project from InstallShield Pro 5.5 to DevStudio 9. During the convert I get the following error message and none of the file groups or components are populated. What might be wrong...
** Error -342: Could not find section [Components:SubComponents] in file Z:\DevStudio9\InstallProject.ipr
The ipr noted is from IS Pro 5.5...
Help...
Jerry

RichAquino
10-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi Jerry,

Make sure none of your files are read-only.

Rich

jerrycandle
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Reviewed all files and nothing is read-only....
Thanks for the suggestion..
Jerry

RichAquino
10-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Hi Jerry,

By any chance, are there no components in this IPR? If so, you can ignore this error.

Rich

jerrycandle
10-29-2003, 02:03 PM
The components and file groups are described in the ipr as
[Data]
CurrentMedia=CDROM
set_mifserial=
ProductName=TestInstall
InstallRoot=Z:\DevStudio9
CurrentComponentDef=ISHIELD.CDF
CurrentFileGroupDef=ISHIELD.FDF
The ISHIELD.CDF file (Component Files) is in
Z:\DevStudio9\Component Definitions\ISHIELD.CDF.
The ISHIELD.FDF file (File Groups) is in
Z:\DevStudio9\File Groups\ISHIELD.FDF
Both are based from the InstallRoot keyword. The Component Definitions directory and File Groups directory are built by InstallShield
These were built by IS 5.5 pro, so the converter should know the structure. From an IS 5.5 prospective, there are 16 components, 6 have sub components. There are also 52 file groups....
The converter may be looking in the wrong place for Components in a Section that does not exist?????
Jerry

DevinEllingson
10-29-2003, 03:00 PM
jerrycandle,

The converter firsts converts the project to the Pro7 format, in which the [Components::SubComponents] section lists the components, so this is probably not the problem.

Most likely the problem is that (according to your post) you customized the names of the .cdf and .fdf files (i.e.)

CurrentComponentDef=ISHIELD.CDF
CurrentFileGroupDef=ISHIELD.FDF

Customizing these names is not supported in the Pro Ide and thus the converter doesn't handle this case. Try changing these files back to the default names and then reconverting, everything should be converted correctly.

Devin Ellingson
InstallShield Software Corporation

jerrycandle
10-29-2003, 07:31 PM
That seems to have done the trick... the project now has components and files and folders with actual data! I now have MORE work to do to verify that the install still works. I did receive the same message (Error -342: Could not... ) again, but since components and files and folders are populated I now can proceed to the next stage of verification. Thanks, Jerry