PDA

View Full Version : How to execute certain files after i choose certain features

Ronnie
10-25-2003, 05:26 PM
I want to execute certain files after setup.. Like say, I select to install 4 out of 10 features, I want to execute ONLY those files after setup...ive tried doing this, but everytime the install finishes, it executes all 10 files.
Help on this matter will be greatly appreciated :)

Ronnie
10-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Click this to look at a screenie of the Installscript (http://www.guiskins.com/bogen/installscript.JPG)

RichAquino
10-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Hi,

The Installed event will only by triggered for a feature if that feature is installed.

It isn't clear how the features were deselected. Can you please specify that?

Rich

Ronnie
11-03-2003, 11:57 PM
yes, in the begining of the setup, it asks what features i want installed, i select feature1, and feature2 out of 10 features. I want to have certain features executed after they are installed. In the very end of the setup.rul script, is says :

// --- include script file section ---

#include "featureevents.rul"

And the screenie i posted is the screen of the featureevents.rul script.

Am i doing anything wrong? plz help me :p

RichAquino
11-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi,

I just tried to reproduce this, and it seems to be working. Perhaps, somewhere in your script, you are calling FeatureSetupTypeSet, or FeatureSetData with the FEATURE_FIELD_SELECTED flag?

Rich

Ronnie
11-04-2003, 02:33 PM
hmmm, now i dont know how to do that, so im including the link to the setup.rul file. Can you plz just see if i have it there or no. Im learning slow by slow ;) ty

Let me know if you also want to see the featureevents.rul script also..

Download here (http://www.guiskins.com/bogen/setup.zip)

RichAquino
11-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Hi,

You don't have it in there.

Here's another thing to look at...
1. Go to the Features view.
2. Click on each feature, and look at the OnInstalled property. It will specify which event handler will be triggered when that feature is installed.

My guess is that these are not properly aligned.

Rich

Ronnie
11-04-2003, 07:52 PM
Ok i fixed that, but now only 1 feature installs, and it reboots after it finishes. So we are kinda getting somewhere :)

Is there anything else i should look into?

By the way, thanks for your help, i really appreciate it :)

Ronnie
11-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Here is the setup.rul file (http://www.guiskins.com/bogen/setupscript.zip)

RichAquino
11-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Hi,

Please see the help topic on "SdFinishEx" or "BATCH_INSTALL" for an explanation of when a reboot occurs.

I'm not sure why only one feature installs. Every feature that you select should get installed.

Rich

Ronnie
11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
This is what is at the end of setup.rul....its the code for FirstUiAfter..now is it rebooting before the featureevent script even loads?

function OnFirstUIAfter()
STRING szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOption1, szOption2;
NUMBER bOpt1, bOpt2;
begin

Disable(STATUSEX);

bOpt1 = FALSE;
bOpt2 = FALSE;
szMsg1 = SdLoadString(IFX_SDFINISH_MSG1);
SdFinishEx(szTitle, szMsg1, szMsg2, szOption1, szOption2, bOpt1, bOpt2);
end;

// --- include script file section ---

#include "featureevents.rul"

RichAquino
11-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi,

That won't cause a reboot until after all of the feature events. Maybe, one of the EXEs that you're running in your feature events is causing the reboot?

Rich

Ronnie
11-05-2003, 06:27 PM
k, let me further explain what happned.

I selected to install features 3, 6 and 9..out of the totoal of 10.

It installed (copyed) all the files correctly to the HD. Then it reached the "Publishing information" stage, and thats where it launched the first exe file...but heres teh prob, it didnt launch feature 3, it launched feature 2.....it installed feature 2, and then setup said it was finished. SO i clicked "finish" and it rebooted my pc.

sry, i shoulda said that earlier :P

any ideas?