PDA

View Full Version : How to use a VB.NET Installer Class?

Wilbur
10-25-2003, 12:58 AM
Hi,

I am attempting to convert from using a Visual Studio.NET setup project to an InstallShield Express 4. In my VS.NET setup project I use an Installer Class called by an Install and Uninstall custom action. In converting, I am having trouble finding all the information I need to get this working in ISExpress.

What I have figured out:
1) Under the Files icon, I have selected my installer class dll file and ticked the Installer Class option (under Properties / COM and .NET Settings).

What I haven't figured out:
1) Do I need to use a Custom Action for the Install and Uninstall actions to call the installer class (or is it called automatically)? And if so, what do I enter in the Custom Action's Function Name, Signature, etc?
2) How do I pass the two parameters [DATABASEDIR] and [SOURCEDIR] to my installer class.
3) Do I pass [SOURCEDIR] or [SRCDIR]?

If I need to change my VB.NET installer class code for ISExpress, do you have an example in VB.NET or C#?

Many Thanks

Wilbur
10-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Sorry I posted this in this section by mistake. Moderator, you can delete it if you like.

See the following thread instead: http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=125264