PDA

View Full Version : Problems with source control

hlogmans
10-24-2003, 05:00 AM
I cannot add projects to my Source Control Software (Surround SCM). There seem to be multiple problems:

1. When adding a project to SCM, sometimes Surround comes up with the question that another repository already links to the specified working dir (standard behaviour). But because this messagebox comes up, the add files stops at 0%, but i cannot give an answer to the messagebox. I need to click on the DevStudio titlebar (program, not progress box) and close DevStudio. If the question is not asked, the .ism (converted it to xml) file is added to Surround (viewed from Surround), but it still does not complete the addition to Surround. But this may be related to the second problem:

2. If i first added the project to a subrepository. On the next tries i choose another repository. The new choice is applied to the .ism, but DevStudio tries to add the .rul files to the old repository. I cannot find the place to change this setting.

Please help!

hlogmans
10-24-2003, 05:19 AM
I created the subrepositories for the .rul files, but it still claims they are invalid. How can i determine to which repository/path DevStudio wants to add the files?

hlogmans
10-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Non-installscript projects seem to be added fine. So probably the .rul files are the problem, but ido not know anymore how to solve this.

hlogmans
10-30-2003, 06:22 AM
Setting the SCC logging to all does not record a problem... So this does not provide me with more details of the problem.

Hey, i got it to work!

If i create the repository Kluwer Aangifte CD-ROM, add the .rul file, check it out (to ensuren the folder information is correct), then i can check in and out from InstallShield. So still the problem why i have to do this all by hand, and how long will it work...