PDA

View Full Version : Lauching 6.x installer from 6.x installer ?

Sadboo
10-22-2003, 04:48 PM
I have a 6.x installer project A. I also have a 6.x installer project B. I would like to launch B from the installscript in A. I cannot launch the packageweb version of B from A because it seems two cannot be running at the same time. Is there a way for me to do what I would like?

yatest5
10-23-2003, 05:27 AM
from your web setup (for 6.x you can do this with Winzip) and use DoInstall to call it.

Sadboo
10-23-2003, 11:59 AM
I read the help for DoInstall and it suggested pointing DoInstall at my .inx and including my setup in the Setup Files portion of the first install. It also said I should change teh name of the setup.inx. I did this but did not change the name of any of the other files from the installation (setup.exe, .cabs etc).

It didn't appear to have worked. Any clue what was wrong with it? Do I need to rename all the files? (Surely that would cause the program not to be able to find one). Do I need to rebuild the other installation such that all of it's filenames are different? The script doesn't seem to be running.

Sadboo
10-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Ah, figured it out by placing it in the SUPPORTDIR under another directory with a feature!

Thanks again!